Employers for Change
Above: The launch of Employers for Change, March 2021
Employers for Change, an employer disability information service, was launched on 11th March 2021 by the Taoiseach Micheál Martin TD, disability advocate and author Sinéad Burke and CEO Bank of Ireland Francesca McDonagh.
Employers for Change provides a central source of information and advice for employers that informs them on all aspects of working with people with disabilities and encourages them to actively recruit from this group.
The service does this by:
- Providing a dedicated helpline giving advice and information to employers about recruiting and employing people with disabilities, with a response within 24 hours.
- Hosting a central web-based information resource incorporating guidance and a FAQ section.
- Providing and participate in awareness raising and outreach activities.
- Maintaining links with employer stakeholders and disability stakeholders.
- Promoting the positive business case for the employment of people with disabilities.
The website covers an array of information including inclusive recruitment practice, reasonable accommodation, as well as toolkits, supports and useful links.
This provides the opportunity for employers to access advice and training, which will improve their business and their workforce.
Towards Work is the central point for people with disabilities in Ireland to access resources and support in your journey towards employment or entrepreneurship.
Whether you are looking for further training and skill development, CV preparation advice, mentorship or accessibility aids, you can access a range of supports leading to successful employment. The Entrepreneurship section includes useful information for anyone looking to become self-employed, including grants, training resources and case studies.